Dupont Dartek® | Dartek® Rolls
Dartek® is a Dupont cast nylon archival packaging material sold in rolls. It is a soft transparent film that has a "saran–wrap" feel and clarity with no plasticizers, additives or surface coatings. Dartek® is an ideal material for wrapping of items for long-term storage in a dark environment. Also, an ideal transparent dust covering. .0075" thickness Dupont Dartek® is softer and more pliable than Mylar or glassine and tear-resistant.
Dartek® Features Include:
- Ability to be shaped to fit your product
- Outstanding gas and oil barrier properties
- Clarity and abrasion resistance
- High tensile strength and durability
- Retains its properties over a broad temperature range as it remains flexible as low as -100°F (-73°C) and will withstand temperatures up to 450°F (232°C), dependent on environmental conditions.
- Outstanding clarity and sparkle of DARTEK® help to ensure that the packaged product is optimally displayed.
- Does not puncture easily. It cuts with scissors, adheres with hot melt or double sided tape.
- It works best as an object wrap in situations where moisture and heat can be avoided as it can stick to objects under certain conditions.